What sucked about my trip to Cartagena
This list is a friendly reminder when traveling to Cartagena and back
- Brought only one VISA debit card, some places would not take AMEX.
- Brought only one phone and it got water damage (Almost decided to go with digital camera).
- Sunblock was not water-resistant and got sunburned.
While in Cartagena:
- Phone water-resistant case leaked water into my phone. (Test before each use).
- Need to make sure your phone is fully dried before charging it (charge it before going in the water)
Heading back home:
- Laptop was not able to connect to aiport WiFi.
- Had to take a COVID test for $90.000 COP for re-entry to U.S.
- ATM was not telling me I didn't have any funds. (Prefer Servibanca ATMs)
- Currency exchange people would not accept my $20.00 USD federal note because of a small missing corner.
- Baggage security confiscated my lighters from my bag at the security checkpoint.
- Only had an Aloe Vera drink and a chicken Caesar wrap all day.
- Flight connection was 45 min apart with 1-2 hour customs wait and bag re-check.
- Slept on an airport bench and floor for about 10 hours.